Family and Community Support Services Office
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Unit 6 201 - 9 Ave S, Box 370 Carstairs, AB
Phone: 403.940.3327 Email: email@example.com
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS)
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is a unique 80/20 funding partnership between the province and the municipalities. The program is committed to designing and delivering social programs that are preventive in nature to promote well-being among individuals, families, and communities. Carstairs FCSS funds and partners with local organizations to provide programs and services that are flexible and responsive to emerging family and community needs.
FCSS Community Grant Program
Carstairs FCSS provides annual grant opportunities for preventative social programming to non-profit groups working in the Town of Carstairs. These groups must meet the eligibility criteria set out by the FCSS Mandate.
2024 FCSS Funding will be available until November 30, 2023
FCSS Measures Bank Provincial Priority is used in conjunction with the funding application.
Programs funded in 2023:
- Airdrie Boys and Girls Club
- Carstairs and Community Half Century Association
- Carstairs Public Library
- Walk the Block
- Grow Literacy: Programs for Children and Teens
- Satisfy Curiosity: Lifelong Learning for Adults
- Chinook’s Edge School Division – Youth Empowerment Support (YES) Program
- Hope 4 MVC Kids
- Mountain View Emergency Shelter Society (MVESS)
- Mountain View Moccasin House Society
- Olds & District Hospice Society
- Seniors, Family, and Youth Programming
- Seniors, Family, and Youth Supports
- Seniors Resources
- Accessing Addiction & Mental Health Programs and Services
- Access to Food (see document section below)
Click to find a listing of local organizations that are able to help provide solutions for finding food sources.
Volunteer Tax Preparation
The Volunteer Income Tax Program is offered through the Town of Carstairs FCSS and the Canada Revenue Agency. This program provides free tax preparation for low-income people with simple returns. Eligibility is based on income (those who are self employed do not qualify). From the beginning of February to mid-April, tax forms may be dropped off Thursdays and picked up the following Thursday at the Town office.
Child Care Registry
The Child Care Registry provides child care-givers and care-seekers NON-SCREENED information about child care options in the community. This service is for:
- Child care providers (day homes, youth babysitters, off-hours providers, play schools, casual care)
- Parents or guardians looking for childcare