The Town of Carstairs currently has an employment opportunity in the Transportation and Utilities Department.
Position: Operational Services Seasonal Laborer
Job Posted Date: March 12, 2021
Job Closing Date: April 16, 2021
Job Posting Details:
Operational Services Seasonal Laborer
Competition Number: 2021-02 Department: Transportation and Utilities
The Town of Carstairs is seeking seasonal labor to assist in the maintenance of roads, sidewalks, water, sewer and storm systems, mowing and string trimming of greenspaces.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Assist in the construction, repair and maintenance of the water distribution system, sanitary sewer system, and storm drainage system.
2. Maintain and monitor all equipment at reservoir, pump station, sewage lift station and lagoon.
3. Assist in the repair and maintenance of roads and sidewalks.
4. Operation and maintenance of equipment
5. Operation of power and hand tools.
6. Mow, trim grass and weeds, and maintain the grass landscape at parks and Town properties.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Class 5 Drivers License
All Town employees are subject to a criminal records check prior to commencing employment.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence no later than 12:00 pm on April 16, 2021, stating competition #2021-02 to:
Manager of Operational Services
Town of Carstairs
Box 370, 844 Centre Street
Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
The Town of Carstairs thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises only those under consideration will be contacted.