Mountain View Regional Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan Survey and Digital Engagement Sessions
The purpose of this project is to develop a regional parks, recreation, and culture master plan for the Towns of Olds, Didsbury, Carstairs and Sundre, Village of Cremona, and Mountain View County (known as the Municipal Partners). This plan will provide guidance to the Municipal Partners in making decisions that best meet the needs of their residents. Facilities and programming related to parks, recreation and culture will be the main focus of the plan. The project is scheduled to be completed in November, 2021. The Municipal partners have engaged Expedition Management Consulting to complete the project. Expedition is an expert parks, recreation, and culture planning firm.
Complete the Survey and be entered for the Early Bird Draw Prize
The Towns of Olds, Didsbury, Carstairs and Sundre, Village of Cremona, and Mountain View County have begun a process to collaboratively develop a Regional Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan. Please help us plan for parks, recreation and culture by answering a few questions. Paper copies of the surveys can also be found at the Carstairs Town Office 844 Centre St.
Please note the following:
- Prize draws will be held for two $100 local gift cards of your choice! Complete the survey for a chance to enter. Deadline for the early bird draw is March 31, 2020.
- The term "Mountain View Region" refers to all municipalities located within the boundaries of Mountain View County.
- The survey takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- The deadline to respond to the survey is April 30, 2021.
Digital Engagement Sessions for Residents, Stakeholders and Youth
Digital Engagement Sessions for Residents and Stakeholders
Digital public and stakeholder engagement sessions are scheduled to take place at select dates and times for each community. For Mountain View County these sessions are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, April 7 from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m., and from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Register for the Town of Carstairs resident and stakeholder sessions: Register Here
*Residents and stakeholders are asked to register for a session no later than 24 hours before the session they wish to attend. Participants who RSVP will be provided with a link to access the online session, a phone number to call if they wish to participate by phone, and a copy of the presentation. The consultants will be contacting some stakeholder groups to complete one-on-one interviews.
Youth Digital Engagement Sessions
We will be hosting digital engagement sessions at schools in the region. Watch for a session to be advertised in your school in March and April.
Contact Kirk at firstname.lastname@example.org.