Property taxes are levied each year by the Town of Carstairs. Property assessments are carried out early in the year with tax rates set by Town Council in the spring. These rates are set based on the budget requirements of the year. If you require further information, please click and complete the contact us form or call us at 403.337.3341.
Watch for your 2022 Separate Assessment and Taxation Notices in February and March or April 2022 respectively. All payments are due on June 30, 2022. If you are interested in signing up for the Tax Installment Payment Plan please do so before June 30, 2022.
Remember it is the responsibility of the property owner to keep your contact information on your accounts with the Town of Carstairs up to date.
If you have any questions regarding your 2022 Property Assessment please contact the Town's Assessor Kevin Bohlken with Wild Rose Assessment at 403.343.3357.
Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP):
Ease your annual Tax payment by:
- Making monthly payments (15th of each month)
- Avoiding late payment penalties
The Tax Installment Payment Plan provides participants with the opportunity to make twelve monthly payments as opposed to the single annual payment due on June 30 of each year.
For more information please contact the town office or call 403.337.3341.
- Preauthorized Payment Plan - Taxes
- Cancellation Notice
- Current participants in T.I.P.P. do not have to sign a new agreement each year.
The Town of Carstairs accepts the following forms of payment in person:
- Debit Card
Payments are accepted at the Carstairs Town Office (844 Centre St) Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Can't make business hours? A convenient mail slot is located on the west side of the Town Office underneath the window. Please only use cheques when using the mail slot. Payment will be applied the next business day.
Send your cheque or money order payable to the Town of Carstairs and allow enough time for the payment to reach the Town Office by the due date. Do not send cash in the mail. Record your account number or property address on the cheque or enclose the bottom portion of the bill. Post dated cheques are accepted.
Telephone or Internet Banking:
Depending on your bank, you will find the Town of Carstairs in the list of payees as either "The Town of Carstairs" or "Carstairs Town of". Please allow 3 business days for your payment to reach our bank.
Visit Paysimply, our secure third party payment provider, to pay online with any major credit card (Visa, MC, Amex) PayPal or Interac eTransfer. Please allow 3 business days for processing. A convenience fee will be applied to cover payment handling and processing charges.
- The cost is $40.00 payable by cheque to the Town of Carstairs (we do not accept credit cards)
- Mailing address is Town of Carstairs, Box 370, Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
- Please submit your request on letterhead stating the legal or civic address and/or the roll number of your request. Fax to 403.337.3343
- Include a photocopy of the cheque with your request
- We will endeavor to have the tax certificate processed within 48 hours and fax it to you
- Once the cheque is received the hard copies will be mailed to your office
- You can also use our new eGov Online Service to request a tax certificate.
- See: Home Departments Finance & Administration eGov-Online Services for more information
- Click on this link to sign up for eGov. https://egov.carstairs.ca/egov